2019-2020 Flu Season
STOP the Flu By Going to Your Neighborhood Pharmacy!
Stop the flu in its tracks before it stops you! Get a flu shot to protect your health and to prevent the spread of flu to others.
Flu shots are the best way to help prevent influenza, commonly known as flu. Although flu shots are no
guarantee against getting sick, you can protect yourself against flu by getting a FREE flu shot at your local drug store. Just show your COVA Care, COVA HealthAware or COVA HDHP plan ID card to the participating pharmacist to get flu shots
at no cost for you and covered family members. Starting this year, the COVA Care, COVA HDHP and COVA HealthAware prescription drug programs are with Anthem Pharmacy, delivered by IngenioRx. Covered plan members in Richmond can also visit Capitol
Follow these steps
- Click on the link to your health plan to find participating pharmacies and other providers. Your pharmacy benefit for COVA Care, COVA HDHP and COVA HealthAware is administered by Anthem/IngenioRx.
- If your retail drug store is shown as participating with your health plan, call them to verify that you may receive the flu shot at no cost and ask when this season's flu shots will be available.
- Once you have the information, go to the pharmacy and present your COVA Care, COVA HealthAware or COVA HDHP health plan ID card.
- Get your flu shot at no charge. It is covered by your prescription drug benefit.
Remember these tips
- Be sure to get your flu shot from the participating pharmacy and not from a third party vendor who may be holding a clinic at the store.
- Check the link to your plan below for a list of local participating pharmacies and other providers. Your state agency location may be working with a local pharmacy or CommonHealth to provide free flu shots onsite. Be sure to ask about local
- Kaiser Permanente HMO plan members have access to free flu shots at participating Kaiser medical centers.
- The Optima Health Vantage HMO covers the flu vaccine as a preventive care benefit at 100% when members go to a participating pharmacy. If members need assistance finding a location, they
may contact the Optima Health Member services number on the back of their member ID card.
COVA Care and COVAHDHP
Click on this spreadsheet to find the names of participating pharmacies.
The tabs at the bottom separate them by category.
COVA HealthAware Providers
Click on this spreadsheet to find the names of participating
pharmacies. To find participating providers, use the DocFind function at www.COVAHealthAware.com. Click
on “Find a flu shot/vaccine provider” to find walk-in clinics that can provide a flu shot. When you click on providers, you will get additional information regarding their specific processes.
Capitol Square Healthcare
The Richmond health and wellness center will provide regular and high dose flu shots onsite for all state employees and non-Medicare eligible retirees beginning in mid-September. Walk-ins are accepted.
|Health Plan or Status||Charges|
|COVA Care, COVA HDHP &|
No cost for vaccine
|Kaiser Permanente HMO|
Optima Health Vantage HMO
No state health coverage
|$0 for visit and pay actual cost of vaccine|
Questions and Answers
COVA Care and COVA HDHP Q&A
COVA HealthAware Q&A
See Flu Shot Program Flyer.