About Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI) enforces Governor's Executive Order Number One (2018), which prohibits discrimination against state government employees and applicants for state government employment.
To foster an atmosphere of inclusion and respect for all, promoting transformation, creativity, and engagement among the state workforce.
To create a high-performing state workforce by capitalizing on its diversity, purposely embracing inclusion, empowering all employees to perform to their highest potential.
In promoting transformation, creativity, and engagement, EDI:
- Consults and advises both employees and state government agencies in the areas of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Investigates complaints of workplace discrimination
- Reviews and analyzes workforce data to identify workplace barriers
- Coordinates cultural observances and outreach events
- Provides training on such issues as EEO Compliance, Civility, Workplace Harassment, Cultural Competence, Unconscious Bias, and Diversity Management.