TRICARE Supplement Plan for Active Employees
- Non-Medicare eligible retiree group members, please click here -
The TRICARE Supplement Plan is administered by ASI and underwritten by Monumental Life Insurance Company and Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company (NY residents only).
TRICARE-eligible employees who are also eligible for the State Health Benefits Program and are in one of the following categories may voluntarily enroll in the supplement plan:
- Military retirees with 20 years of creditable military service and entitled to retired pay and their spouses/surviving spouses who are not eligible for Medicare.
- Retired Reservists and National Guardsmen between the ages of 60 and 65 with 20 years of creditable service and their spouses/surviving spouses who are not eligible for Medicare.
- Retired Reservists and National Guardsmen under age 60 and enrolled in TRICARE Retired Reserves (TRR) and their spouses/surviving spouses who are not eligible for Medicare.
- Military retirees and their spouses/surviving spouses who reside outside the U.S. or its territories (all who are eligible for Medicare must be enrolled in Medicare).
- Military retirees and their spouses/surviving spouses age 65 or older but ineligible for Medicare (all must have received a Statement of Disallowance from Social Security Administration).
Advantages of the TRICARE Supplement Plan:
- Available to all TRICARE participants regardless of rank or service
- No medical examination required for enrollment
- No pre-existing condition clause
- No supplement plan deductibles, but TRICARE deductibles apply
- Full reimbursement of the TRICARE Standard/Extra Outpatient Deductible and
50% reimbursement of the POS deductible
- Full reimbursement of the TRICARE cost shares
- Full reimbursement of the excess charge benefit (difference between the
TRICARE allowed amount and the providerís billed charge) when a nonparticipating
provider is utilized
- Flexibility and freedom to see any TRICARE-authorized civilian providers
- Full portability if your enrollment with the Commonwealth of Virginia ends
- Guaranteed Issue
The TRICARE Supplement Plan works with all three TRICARE options (Standard, Extra and
Prime) to pay the following benefits.
Under the TRICARE Standard/Extra option, the supplement plan pays:
- 100% of the TRICARE Standard Outpatient Deductible of $150 individual
(maximum $300 family)
- 100% TRICARE Standard/Extra cost share
- 100% applicable Excess Charges (when non-network providers are used)
Under the TRICARE Prime or Point of Service (POS) option, the supplement plan pays:
- 100% of the TRICARE Prime copayments or cost shares
- 50% of the POS deductible of $300 individual (maximum $600 family)
- 100% TRICARE Prime POS cost share
- 100% applicable Excess Charges
MONTHLY PREMIUM SCHEDULE
|Employee plus One
|Employee plus Two/More
The TRICARE Supplement Plan communication links provide more detailed information on the coverage and benefits provided.
MAKING PREMIUM PAYMENTS: Monthly premiums will be payroll deducted on a pre-tax
MORE INFORMATION: Call ASI’s toll-free number at 1-866-637-9911 for questions about Open Enrollment or other questions about the TRICARE supplement.