2013-2014 Flu Shot Season
Get a Free Flu Shot at Your Local Pharmacy
Look no further than your local drug store to get a free flu shot! Just show your COVA Care, COVA HealthAware or COVA HDHP plan ID card to the participating pharmacist to get flu shots at no cost for you and covered family members. The COVA Care and COVA HDHP prescription drug programs are with Anthem, while the COVA HealthAware program is with Aetna.
Follow these easy steps:
- Visit the link for your health plan to find participating pharmacies and other providers
- If your retail drug store is shown as participating with your health plan, call them to verify that you may receive the flu shot at no cost and ask when flu shots will be available
- Once you have the information, go to the pharmacy and present your COVA Care, COVA HealthAware or COVA HDHP health plan ID card.
- Get your flu shot at no charge. It is covered by your prescription drug benefit.
- Be sure to get you flu shot from the pharmacy and not from a third party vendor who may be holding a clinic at the store.
- Check the link to your plan below for a list of local participating pharmacies. Your state agency location may be working with a local pharmacy to provide free flu shots onsite. Be sure to ask about local schedules. Kaiser Permanente HMO plan members have access to free flu shots at participating Kaiser medical centers.
Questions and Answers
Flu Shot Program Flyer