2011 - 12 Flu Shot Season
Flu season is here once again, and your state health plan is partnering with local pharmacies to give you a free flu shot! Just show your COVA Care, COVA Connect or COVA HDHP plan ID card to the pharmacist to get flu shots at no cost for you and covered family members.
Follow these steps:
- Look at the local participating pharmacy list for your health plan.
- If your retail drug store is listed, call them to verify that the pharmacy is participating in the Commonwealth of Virginia flu shot program, and ask when flu shots will be available
- If you get a flu shot from a clinic or third party vendor, you will have to pay for it. Flu shots received at non-network pharmacies and clinics will not be covered.
- Once you have the information, go to the pharmacy and present your COVA Care, COVA Connect or COVA HDHP health plan ID card.
- Get your flu shot at no charge. It is covered by your prescription drug benefit
- Be sure to check the link to your plan below for a list of local participating pharmacies
Local Participating Pharmacy List
See Questions and Answers
See Flu Shot Program Flyer
Other ways to get a flu shot at no charge to you:
Free flu shots are available for all state health plan members, including covered dependents, at doctor’s offices as part of your wellness benefit. Kaiser plan members also have access to free flu shots at participating Kaiser medical centers.
Your state agency location may be working with a local pharmacy to provide free flu shots onsite. Be sure to ask about local plans and schedules.